At it’s most basic, Gemini is a way of transmitting up to 6 pieces of discrete information to the performer without the participant(s) knowing that they have done so. These pieces of information can be revealed on their own as an outstanding revelation, or as part of a broader performance.
Each Gemini kit contains five (5) tiny sensors and one (1) receiver that the performer has on their person, usually in a pocket. Each of the five sensors has an assigned number (1-5) and, if activated, will signal the performer which one was activated through the receiver using the same number of short vibrations. In this way the performer knows exactly what sensor was triggered at exactly the moment it is triggered.
We chose the name Gemini because the sensors can work in two different ways: either as a magnetic sensor or as a tilt activated sensor, and can be changed between these two modes with a simple switch. This way your Gemini unit provides maximum versatility, allowing you to perform very different routines with one convenient device. For a more through explanation of how these two modes work and the types of routines possible with Gemini, watch the short videos below.
- A set of 5 transmitters (5cm x 1.5cm x 0.8cm); each one is switchable between tilt-activated and magnet-activated modes
- A set of magnets
- All the necessary batteries (plus extras)
- Stand-by battery life of 24 hours
- “Quick-start” instruction booklet to get y going right away
- Access to a secret page on this website that includes:
Hours of video instruction
55 page PDF with routines and handling tips from performers all over the world including, Marc Spelman, Andrew Gerard, Matt Johnson, Colin McLeod, Wayne Rogers, Mozique, Patrick Redford, Derek Kootte and Christopher Taylor
- One year warranty for the original owner
- Matchbox-sized receiver with a range of 10 to 15 meters. Note: The Gemini receiver is compatible with Machina, OHM2, Apogee, and Eclipse